Workshops offer Gathering attenders the opportunity to be immersed in a topic with other interested Friends. Attenders stay in the same workshop throughout the week, helping form a mini-community within the Gathering.
Each workshop meets from 9:00-11:45 AM each weekday. Most workshops include worship or worship-sharing each day.
Short descriptions for the 2015 workshops should be available online by January 1.
Help us identify powerful workshops!
It is not too soon to begin thinking about workshop proposals for the 2016 Gathering of Friends. Plant a seed in someone and see if it blossoms in 2015! The 2016 workshop proposal form will be online by 08/15/2015. Proposals are due in September!
• Submit a workshop proposal.
• Send suggestions of possible workshop topics or leaders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Encourage Friends to submit workshop proposals. (Send them the weblink or proposal form.)
• Provide spiritual and emotional support to a Friend who is submitting a proposal.
Queries as you discern whether to propose a workshop for the Gathering or to support others in following their leadings:
• How is the Spirit moving through us and transforming us as individuals and as a Religious Society?
• Are we giving witness to this transformation?
• What needs to happen at this Gathering so that our lives and our Religious Society continue to reflect the work of the Spirit?
2015 Proposals Deadline Has Passed
If you submitted a workshop proposal for the 2015 FGC Gathering, you can expect to hear from the Workshop Committee by 12/15/2014.
If you would like an e-mail reminder when the 2016 workshop proposal form goes online, please send a request to email@example.com. The form should be online by 08/15/2015.