2014 FGC Gathering Details
Dates : June 29-July 5, 2014
Location : Cal. U. in California, Pennsylvania (south of Pittsburgh)
For 2014, what is the Workshop Committee looking for?
We would like to see an exciting variety of workshops, the familiar and beloved as well as the new and provocative. We hope the workshops will reflect the rich diversity of our faith community. The committee appreciates and respects all ideas and proposals. However, in most years we receive many more than can be offered and need to make difficult choices about which workshops to offer. Not all proposals will be accepted, but they will all be appreciated.
We look for workshops that are :
- interactive and grounded in worship
- may address the Gathering theme
- speak to interests or concerns of Friends including a broad range of topics such as: Quaker history, practice, faith, writing, art, music, movement, diversity, gender, and family issues.
- flexible format that could be held in a lounge or classroom.
- Workshop Times : 5 sessions, Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:45 a.m.
The 2014 workshop proposal form should by online by 08/15/2013. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like an e-mail reminder when the form is posted.
Financial Credits for Workshop Leaders
Workshop leaders are eligible for a reduction in costs equal to 50% of the Basic Fee per workshop as leadership credit. (The Basic Fee is the cost for an adult to attend the Gathering, sleep in the least expensive adult double room, and eat three meals a day.) There is only one credit per workshop, so co-leaders need to decide how to share this credit. Leaders may request additional scholarship support for themselves and their families from FGC (during the spring registration process) or from their meetings.
For more information :
Susan Lee Barton, FGC Conference Associate
firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-561-1700, ext. 3005