The Gathering abounds with opportunities to meet with Friends with similar passions and gifts. Although many events are planned in advance, other activities will be scheduled during the week. Friends wishing to arrange for meeting space must make requests at the Information Desk during the Gathering. Learn how to organize events and activities at the Gathering.
- Worship: multiple opportunities to worship with Friends every day.
- Bible Half Hour: 8:00-8:30 am Monday-Friday.
- Gathering Store Events: the Gathering Store is open daily from noon to 10 pm, starting Sunday. Every afternoon (except Wednesday) the store features presentations by authors and performers. All sales at the Gathering happen via the Store. Consignment reservations must be made by May 31.
- Field Trips: both organized trips and options for personal exploration.
- Quaker Exhibits and Presentations: exhibits from dozens of organizations, and presentations from many of them. Reservations are due by May 31.
- Creativity and artistic expression: singing, dancing, movement opportunities, visual arts.
- Adult Young Friends
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Concerns (FLGBTQC)
- People of Color Center
- Quaker Arts Center
- Twelve Step Center
- Quaker Earthcare Witness
- Nontheist Friends
- The Healing Center provides a space for Spirit-led Friends to explore, practice and experience healing modalities from many traditions. Volunteer for the Center when registering.
On Wednesday afternoon we take a break from the busy-ness of the Gathering to focus on rest and reflection. Everyone is invited to an afternoon of spaciousness. This may be a time for solitude, for simple togetherness with a friend or family member, or for worship. After this sabbath pause, we trust that we will be more present to each other and to Spirit during our last two days together. We ask Friends to carefully discern whether an activity is in the spirit of sabbath before scheduling it for Wednesday afternoon.
Please Plan to Volunteer
We hope that every adult will give at least two hours of service during the Gathering. When you register, you can indicate your interest in serving as:
- Golf cart driver or shift anchor
- Dance musician
- Leader of music or movement activities
- Check-in volunteer
- Healing Center volunteer
Some volunteer positions receive a partial fee waiver. Read more about workgrants.
Or you may sign up at the Lend-A-Hand desk when you arrive to carry luggage, usher, carry cafeteria trays, etc.