If you are interested in leading an Interest Group at the 2014 Gathering, please complete the Interest Group Proposal Form no later than May 7, 2015. We encourage you to consider an Interest Group in keeping with the theme "Let Love Be The First Motion." We also welcome proposals that do not directly address the theme.
Interest groups are scheduled for Tuesday evening July 7, from 7 pm to 8:45 pm. If you would like to offer your interest group at another time, you may schedule a room and time at the Information Desk after you arrive at the Gathering, and then publicize your event in the Daily Bulletin.
We will consider each proposal with care. If we are not able to schedule your interest group, you will be notified by May 31st.
There is a limit to the number of interest groups that can be offered. Based on the number of requests for interest groups last year, we may not be able to schedule all requests. Please bear in mind our definition of Interest Groups.
- Interest Groups have a specific focus.
- They are not "mini workshops" - ambitious agendas and elaborate presentations are not realistic.
- Interest Groups do not duplicate other exhibit or performance opportunities such as the Art Gallery, or local trips.
- We expect them to have an obvious connection to concerns of Friends generally and Gathering attenders specifically.
- The intended audience is Gathering attenders as a public group. Interest Groups also help attenders discover shared interests.
Do Interest Group Leaders Have to Register?
Interest Group leaders do not have to be registered for the Gathering. If we receive more proposals that we are able to accept, we often give priority to proposals from registered Friends.
If your Interest Group is selected and you are not registered, you may choose to come to campus for that evening without paying a registration fee. If you wish to participate in other activities on campus that day, you will need to register as a part-time Gathering participant.
Photocopies (no) and AV Equipment (yes)
In keeping with a concern to reduce the complexity of the Gathering, and also to control costs, we will not be able to reproduce printed materials. However, this year we are able to provide digital projectors. You may need to attend a training session to learn how to use the University's projectors. We are not able to provide other AV equipment (you may bring your own).