Natural Beauty and Great Climate
- See the vista of the majestic Rocky Mountains spanning the horizon.
- Enjoy cool nights and low humidity.
- There are no bugs.
- This is the only time it will be okay to be high at the Gathering -- 4,600 feet high!
Explore the Theme: "At the Growing Edges of Our Faith"
How do we live into our vision of being a truly inclusive Religious Society of Friends? What is Spirit calling us to do both as individuals and as a body? What might the future hold as we pass the torch to a new generation of Friends? What are our other growing edges?
Supplement Your Gathering Experience
- Add a Rocky Mountain vacation to your Gathering experience. Arrive early, stay late, enjoy the splendor of Colorado.
- Take the train to Denver and Amtrak will give you a 10% discount (see details) -- the trip is both scenic and easier on the environment. (If you are a flier, Denver is a surprisingly affordable airport.)
- Play the disc golf course that runs throughout the campus. Discs are available from the university.
- Take a field trip during Gathering to the world's largest model train museum. More field trips offered throughout the week.
A Gathering Hosted by Western Friends
- Intermountain Yearly Meeting is excited to host the Gathering! Come meet Friends from the other side of the continent and in between.
- Discover the issues that are on the hearts and minds of western Friends.
- The campus has an abundance of green space, and spectacular sunsets over the mountains.
- The campus is practically level.
- Dorms are air conditioned (except for high school), and most rooms are in suites with five or fewer beds.
- The planning committee has enjoyed tasty and varied food in the dining room.